Quilting & Sewing




I learned to sew and quilt from my mother--who is a great seamstress. She has made many dresses for me over the years. My grandmother, mother and I made a quilt for me to take to college. I've made many baby quilts to sell or to give as gifts. I've made skirts and shirts for myself; and I love to sew for my kids. I made Ayden a seersucker suit when he was 4 yrs. old and I keep adjusting it to continue to fit him! For Emelia I've made pants, dresses and shirts this is a shirt I made from Heather Bailey's Pop Collection. I love creating with my hands. I've done just about everything from tatting to pottery. I don't believe there is anything better then creating something by hand.

2 comments:

  1. I admired that shirt when we saw you in Jersey. Adorable!! And brilliant, your idea to keep altering Ayden's suit so it fits him longer. How wonderful to know the basics of alterations and mending.

    I can make a shower curtain... :) Oh, and remember those bags/purses you just "whipped up", just because you could. Why did you move? I need a tutor... or a seamstress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all the clothes you have made for your children--because they are different from what every other child is wearing!

    ReplyDelete